I will first begin this blog post with an apology… 13 days without an update?! How did you guys manage? I solemnly swear to update every week from now on 🙂
HOUSE SURVEY UPDATE
We got our Homebuyers Report back and in short, all is well! I read some real horror stories online before hand and was very nervous about receiving the report but thankfully, the house isn’t falling down. The Bank organises the valuation with the survey for the Homebuyers Report and this occurred two weeks ago on a Thursday, come Saturday we had our report back! Speedy, eh?
The report outlines all aspects of the house and gives them a green, amber or red colour depending on the severity of the issue. We got mostly greens (yippee!), all the walls, windows, floors etc are in good condition and there is no presence of mould or damp. Some ambers included easily fixable things such as cleaning out the gutters, doors from the kitchen need to be safety glass. Our red ones also included up to date gas and electric safety certificates and removing insulation that covered down-lighters from the roof into the bathroom (Me and Matt are pulling straws over who should go up in to the loft and do this… we are both scared of spiders!)
So, all very fixable issues 🙂 the bank deemed the house worth the money they are borrowing us and they got in touch with our Solicitors to let them know that the money was ready to go when the time comes. Good stuff!
Since the last post, the searches has been requested on the property. These are requested by our Solicitors from the Local Authority. These include environmental changes, water drainage and other fun info like that. We also have to have a mining authority search due to being in a mining area. Once these are back and (hopefully) show no major issues – like they are going to build a road through our house – we can work towards a completion date! These can take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks to come back. Our LA website states they aim to return within 10-15 working days so we shall see!
My table and chairs painting project has slowed down due to my lack of a waxing brush! I previously ‘made’ my own by trimming down an old brush to make a short, stubby bristled brush. It has worked on one of the chairs for two coats but is looking very worse for wear and is pulling the wax up into the bristles, rather than coating my wood! So come payday, I am making the leap and purchasing an Annie Sloan wax brush… I cannot wait! I’ll do a little review on it when I get my hands on one 🙂
The tabletop has been assembled and stained and let me tell you, it looks fab! Can’t wait to show you the finished project!
- buy the wax brush!
- finish painting the chairs and table – I have half term next week to do this!
- patiently wait for the searches to come back
- convince Matt we need big flowery wallpaper in our bedroom 🙂
Until next time,